Viešbutis "Eglių slėnis" įsikūręs šalia Raganų kalno medinių skulptūrų ekspozicijos po atviru dangumu, kurioje gausu raganų ir velnių iš lietuvių liaudies pasakų ir legendų. Raganų kalno skulptūrų šlaitai apaugę pušimis, nuo viršūnės  matosi Baltijos jūra, o iš kitos pusės - Kuršių marios. Ryte Jumis pabudins iš marių kylanti saulutė, nes pro viešbučio langus atsiveria nuostabus vaizdas į marias, o kartu su kylančia saule Jūs galėsite pasimėgauti rytine kava ir pajusti dvelkiantį pušų kvapą.


- Dviračių takais galima pasivažinėti dviračiais
- Mėgstantis žaisti krepšinį:Prie L. Rėzos kadetų mokyklos L. Rėzos g. 8Nemokama (nuo 10 val. iki 22 val.)
Lankytinos vietos
Lankytinos vietos
Raganų kalnas Raganų kalnas

The piny slopes of the Hill of Witches (it's also called Jonas'es Hill) with the exposition of sculptures face the Curonian Lagoon from one side and the Baltic Sea from the other. The Hill of Witches is famous for its legends. It's told that since very old times this hill was liked not only by people but by devils and witches as well. Even the Goddess Ragė used to attend a yearly feast of shortest nights. A forestry officer Jonas Stanius was inspired by legends and decided to materialize
them in sculptures. The nature itself divided the Hill of Witches into two parts: the light and the dark one. In the light part the path is wide with the sculptures of famous fairy tales heroes like giantess Neringa, twelve brothers ravens and their sister Elenutė, a fisherman Kastytis. On the top of the hill the sculptures from the legend about Neringa and Naglis. Going further the path gets narrower and darker and here the territory of devils, witches, Lucifer, dragons begins. At the end of the path the sculpture of a crowing rooster symbolizes the end of this evil part.

Akmens skulptūrų parkas krantinėje Akmens skulptūrų parkas krantinėje Akmens skulptūrų parkas krantinėje Akmens skulptūrų parkas krantinėje THE PARK OF STONE SCULPTURES AT THE QUAY

Sculptures park „Earth and Water“ is the present for Juotkrantė inhabitants who resisted the project of concrete quay. To make the quay more attractive an international symposium of sculptors was organized. Since 1997 when the artists met for the first time thirty one sculpture has already appeared. The sculptures of a local sculpturer Albertas Danilevičius (1961) „Lela“, „Clouds Shore“ are among them.

Paminklas L. Rėzai MONUMENT FOR RĖZA


In 1994 nearby Juodkrantė primary school (8, L.Rėzos str.) the monument for a Königsberg university professor, poet folklor selector, editor of K. Donelaitis „Metai (the Year)“ and Lithuanian fables Liudvikas Martynas Rėza (1779 – 1840) was unveiled (sculptor A. Sakalauskas).

Liudviko Rėzos kultūros centras Liudviko Rėzos kultūros centras Liudviko Rėzos kultūros centras The culture centre of Liudvikas Rėza


The culture centre of Liudvikas Rėza consists of two exhibition halls, a concert hall and an outdoor stage. The exhibitions of Lithuanian and foreign artists modern art , old arts and crafts, history are organized here. Various culture events, traditional feasts, commemorations of state holidays, concerts, meetings, lectures, conferences, educational sessions for children and teenagers also take place here. The address: 8, L.Rėzos str.

Working hours:
September 15th – May 31st, from Tuesday till Saturday 10.00 – 18.00
June 1st – September 14th, from Tuesday till Saturday 10.00 – 18.00
Ticket price – 0,87 EUR for adults, 0,29 EUR for schoolchildren, students, seigniors and disabled (with certificates).



In 1844 to make fishing control in the Curonian Lagoon easier the system of special signs, i.e. weathervanes was invented. Every fisherman had to install this kind of sign on the top of his boat mast. The weathervanes symbolized their living environment, heavenly bodies, tools. It was possible to distinguish which village the boat with one or another weathercock belonged to. The history of weathervanes, its development and samples are exhibited in the gallery of Daiva and Remigijus Žadeikiai in Juodkrantė, 13, L.Rėzos str. You can also find tourism information, original ceramics, textile and art works there.

Working hours:
May – September from Monday till Sunday, 09.00 – 19.00

Lietuvos dailės muziejaus Miniatiūrų muziejus LITHUANIAN ART MUSEUM/ MUSEUM OF MINIATIURE ARTS


More than 300 works are on display, such as miniature portraits, medallions or historical medals, copper carvings, gypsum busts of ancient gods made in Meissen manufactory (Germany). There is a great variety of applied art works of XVI-XIX c. made in France, Holland, Poland, Great Britain, Russia, the Czech Republic and Lithuania, such as luxurious fans, tobacco-boxes, in beading technique embroidered purses and pictures, china sculptures, kitchen utensils, table decorations. Museum visitors will enjoy the subtle aquarelle miniatures of the self–educated artist, Lida Meškaitytė (1927-1993). Address: 3, L.Rėzos str.

Working hours:
From Tuesday till Saturday, 11.00 – 18.00
Sunday , 11.00–16.00

Pažintinis dendrologinis takas COGNITIVE DENDROLOGY PATH
(It starts at the Amber Gulf parking)

There are parabolic dunes overgrown with hundred years old pine and fir trees in Juodkrantė. It's the old forest of the Curonian Spit. It's incredible, but you can find a real forest in the spit sand. A cognitive dendrology path will help you to explore the old forest landscape, trees and bushes. It starts at the Amber Gulf parking and ends at the village cemetary. The lengh of the path is 1600 m. There are 16 stands with the plants descriptions, pictures and photos. In especially beautiful places you can stop for a rest on benches and enjoy nature sounds.

Apžvalgos aikštelė ant Avikalnio kalno SURVEY FIELD/ SHEEPHILL

On the top of Sheephill there is a survey field commanding one of the most beautiful sights of the Curonian Spit: a valley, Grey (Dead) dunes in the Nagliai nature reserve, fragments of Juodkrantė old forest. It's the south part of the nature monument parabolic dunes, the forest with 230 years old pine trees. Sheephill is in the territory of the hill of herons reserve landscape. The best way to find Sheephill is to go by car from Klaipėda till the 23rd kilometre of Klaipėda – Nida road, on the right side of it.

Gintaro įlanka AMBER GULF
AMBER GULF ~1,87 km

It's a small idyllic lagoon gulf in the north part of Juodkrantė where amber used to be sourced in the time when Juodkrantė was called California. In 1855, while canalizing the waterway near Juodkrantė, the workers discovered amber in the silt soil. The first person to start the works of organized excavation of mud from the bottom of the Lagoon for amber search was a former miller, owner of ships, later Klaipėda innkeeper Vilhelmas Stantynas. While digging the gulf’s port, a collection of amber ware of the middle neolithic and yellow metal ages was discovered on the Lagoon’s bottom. The amber collection was later entitled as the Amber Treasure.

Garnių ir kormoranų kolonija prie Juodkrantės COLONY OF HERONS AND CORMORANTS

This colony has been observed since the end of the XIX century. Presently, there are about 2000 nests of big cormorants and over 500 nests of grey herons. The first cormorants appear in the Curonian spit in the first part of February and later grey herons fly back also. In the end of March the colony revives. The birds share the old nests and build the new ones. Soon afterwards the pairs start breeding. Herons and cormorants eat fish. There is a new survey field on the edge of the colony. Juodkrantė colony is one of the biggest colonies of these birds in Europe and the oldest and biggest breeding-ground of these birds in Lithuania.